Easter resources for primary schools have been developed and are being shared from the Institute of Engineering and Technology: IET.
“We are well on our way to Spring and what better way to celebrate than with eggs and chocolate, whilst still achieving your curriculum goals!
From graphic products making Easter cards to linking words and numbers on cracked egg shells, and even creating an Easter egg using papier mâché and a balloon – there is something to engage all young learners this springtime!
All activities can be done at school, or home using everyday items. Do share what you have created with us and help inspire others @IETEducation.”(IET)
The projects listed are:
- Making an Easter bunny with moving arms and legs
- Building a bunny from card strips – assembling strips into animal forms
- Bunny baskets – making structures from card and assembling them into baskets
- Easter pop up cards
- Making Eggcellent eggs with papier mâché
- Finally for little ones, Eggasactly right, linking words and numbers
The activities contain all documentation for Easter resources for primary schools, including teacher notes, curriculum links, handouts and presentations – everything necessary for teaching the lesson, except the actual classroom resources. As the festival is celebrated across the country, it is a great opportunity for schools everywhere to try out the STEM skills offered in these projects, whilst having fun leading up to the holiday.