Welcome to the 123HUB News
for November 2020!
It is November already and this year isn’t getting any easier. With all of the the extra challenges in school at the moment, time will undoubtedly remain at a premium for teachers. The 123HUB can help save some valuable time and help with finding the right quality resources. We now have over 2700 great online resources to choose from – check out what is on offer on the 123HUB below:
Our super new featured theme for November 2020 is Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (SPaG)!
Our great new featured theme for November 2010 is the essential English topic of Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (SPaG)!
We are all aware that the knowledge of how to use spelling, punctuation and grammar correctly is a crucial part of learning English and it is really important that all school children are taught to have a sound grasp of these vital English skills.
Our theme brings together over 30 great spelling, punctuation and grammar resources which offer information and guidance to teachers and parents, along with numerous activities and games that will help children to learn these important skills.
Bonfire Night and the Gunpowder Plot. As Bonfire Night falls in November, in addition to our featured monthly theme, we have also included18 great Bonfire Night and Gunpowder Plot resources, including the history and traditions of the celebration, fireworks & firework safety and more; all of which, teachers may find really useful.
Remembrance Day. As Remembrance Day also falls in November, we have, in addition, 15 really useful resources that will help cover this topic with KS1 and KS2. The resources provide: information, facts, activities, videos and planning ideas that will hopefully prove invaluable to teachers.
The featured theme is normally updated monthly during the school year. Please watch out for our fantastic ‘Christmas’ and ‘New Year’ resources, coming in December 2020!
123HUB’s Archived Featured Themes
The 123HUB features new interesting themes each month. Every theme includes a vast number of links to really useful research, planning and teaching resources from around the world. These, collectively, should satisfy the requirements of any related creative curriculum, or classroom topic. Click on the links below to have a look at the brilliant themes that have already been featured and are now archived on the 123HUB to date:
- Space & Earth and beyond (27 Resources)
- Transportation and Travel (51 resources)
- Extreme Earth and Weather (71 Resources)
- Communications and Conflict (68 Resources)
- Halloween (10 Resources)
- Invaders and Settlers (44 Resources)
- Bonfire Night and the Gunpowder Plot (16 Resources)
- Myths and Legends (45 Resources)
- Maths Number (75 Resources)
- Light and Sound (34 Resources)
- Rainforests (27 Resources)
- Environment (65 Resources)
- Deserts (30 Resources)
- Mountains (32 Resources)
- Castles and Buildings (54 Resources)
- ‘Food Glorious Food’ (59 Resources)
- Beneath the Sea & Oceans (26 Resources)
- Water & the Water Cycle (26 Resources)
- Ancient Egypt (51 Resources)
- Festivals & Celebrations (86 Resources)
- Online Safety (42 Resources)
- Computing (106 Resources)
- Communication Technology (40 Resources)
- Chocolate (23 Resources)
- The Victorians (45 Resources)
- Colour (43 Resources)
- The Romans (32 Resources)
- Minibeasts (57 Resources)
- Ancient Greece (48 Resources)
- Inventors and Inventions (50 Resources)
- Explorers and Exploration (70 Resources)
- Tudors and Stuarts (61 Resources)
- Harvest Festival (12 Resources)
- Famous People (141 Resources)
- The Aztecs, Mayans & Incas (36 Resources)
- Remembrance Day (12 Resources)
- Christmas (59 Resources)
- WW1 (41 Resources)
- WW2 (41 Resources)
- Winter Olympics (10 Resources)
- Poetry (45 Resources)
- Prehistoric Britain (50 Resources)
- Dinosaurs & Fossils (40 Resources)
- Toys and Games (32 Resources)
- Superheroes (30 Resources)
- Anglo Saxons and Anglo Saxon Britain (41 Resources)
- The Celts & Celtic Britain (32 Resources)
- Animals and their Habitats (60 Resources)
- Rivers and Coasts (44 Resources)
- The Great Fire of London (35 Resources)
- Health and Healthy Living (52 Resources)
- News, Current Affairs and Fake News (30 Resources)
- Easter (21 resources)
- Local History (26 Resources)
- Art and Design (47 Resources)
- Titanic and Sea Travel (34 Resources)
- Food Chains and Habitats (36 Resources)
- Animation (41 Resources)
- Creative Writing (54 Resources)
- Famous Artists (52 Resources)
- Weather and Climate Change (73 Resources)
- Music (61 Resources)
- Languages (75 Resources)
- Learning and Living at Home (45 Resources)
- Railways (40 Resources)
- Heroes and Villains (78 Resources)
- Recycling (57 Resources)
- STEM (32 Resources)
- Pirates (33 Resources)
- Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (SPaG) (32 Resources)
If there are any topics that we have not covered and you would like us add to our featured themes collection in the future, please let us know at: email@example.com
Other planned featured themes to look forward to in the coming months:
- Christmas & New Year – Dec 20
- Space & Earth and Beyond – Jan 21
- Africa – Feb 21
- Transportation and Travel – Mar 21
If you haven’t checked out the fantastic 123HUB yet, here is why you really should:
The 123HUB is designed to assist teachers in finding quality on-line teaching resources via a simple 1 – 2 – 3 search. Our aim is to take the effort and guesswork out of finding the best online resources that are available for teachers. It is envisaged that the 123HUB will grow to include thousands of educational websites (currently there are over 2700 resources to be found on the site). Rest assured that, each of the sites that we include, will have been carefully reviewed and rated according to their relevance to the new Primary Curriculum. You can trust in the quality of the sites published as they have been evaluated by members of our team, who are also qualified teachers.
123HUB is FREE for teachers and by registering; you can create your own planner and save useful sites for further reference. Registered teachers can also recommend their favourite websites for inclusion.
Introducing 123SOW, a New, Exciting and Fully Interactive Computing Scheme of Work from 123ICT!
123SOW is completely cloud based and designed for individual schools, or multi-academy trusts. It is a flexible, interactive scheme of work for the UK Primary Computing Curriculum.