First Aid Champions is a new first aid teaching website developed by the British Red Cross:
“ Welcome to First aid champions, a new first aid teaching site for learners aged 5-18. First aid education is now on the RSE and health curriculum in England, and First aid champions can be used by all schools in the UK to teach the skills children and young people need to save a life.” (First Aid Champions)
Click on the link to access PowerPoint presentation, activities, films and quizzes.
The primary resources are lead by six characters who use their first aid skills to help others.
The learning Objectives for the resources are to:
- Learn about the Red Cross
- Understand what first aid is
- Learn about kindness and helping others
The course covers:
- How to help someone having an asthma attack.
- How to help someone who is bleeding a lot
- How to help someone who may have a broken bone
- How to help someone who has a burn
- How to help someone who is choking
- How to help someone with a head injury
- How to help someone who won’t wake up and is breathing
- How to help someone who won’t wake up and is not breathing.
There is a teacher guidance and support section to help teachers new to teaching first aid. There is also support for teachers who want to set the subject for work at home, during the pandemic situations.