Welcome to the 123HUB News for July 2019!
Schools can be really busy places with little time to spare! Teachers, why not let the 123HUB save you some of your precious time and help you to find the right quality resources that you need? We now have over 2300 great online resources to choose from – check out what is on offer on the 123HUB below:
Our featured theme for July and August 2019 is:
‘The Titanic and Sea Travel’!
Iceberg straight ahead!!! On the 14th of April 1912, the famous passenger ship, thought to be unsinkable, the RMS Titanic, sank on her maiden voyage from the UK to America with great loss of life. The story of this tragic ship and its ill-fated sea voyage forms the centrepiece of this month’s featured theme
- How was the Titanic built?
- Why she was thought to be unsinkable?
- What happened on her fateful maiden voyage?
- How she sank?
- What happened to the passengers and crew?
- Were there any survivors and what were their stories?
We have 34 excellent themed resources that will provide answers to the above questions, look at other ships, sea travel and much more besides. The resources comprise of a mixture of: information, facts, research, hands-on activities, illustrations and video clips, as well as some detailed planning – each of which will successfully support this fascinating topic.
The featured theme is updated monthly during the school year. Watch out for our great ‘Food Chains and Habitats’ resources, coming in September 2019!
123HUB’s Archived Featured Themes
The 123HUB features new interesting themes each month. Every theme includes a vast number of links to really useful research, planning and teaching resources from around the world. These, collectively, should satisfy the requirements of any related creative curriculum, or classroom topic. Click on the links below to have a look at the brilliant themes that have already been featured and are now archived on the 123HUB to date:
- Pirates (20 Resources)
- Space & Earth and beyond (27 Resources)
- Transportation and Travel (51 resources)
- Extreme Earth and Weather (71 Resources)
- Communications and Conflict (68 Resources)
- Halloween (10 Resources)
- Invaders and Settlers (44 Resources)
- Bonfire Night and the Gunpowder Plot (16 Resources)
- Myths and Legends (45 Resources)
- Maths Number (75 Resources)
- Light and Sound (34 Resources)
- Rainforests (27 Resources)
- Environment (65 Resources)
- Deserts (30 Resources)
- Mountains (32 Resources)
- Castles and Buildings (54 Resources)
- ‘Food Glorious Food’ (59 Resources)
- Beneath the Sea & Oceans (26 Resources)
- Water & the Water Cycle (26 Resources)
- Ancient Egypt (51 Resources)
- Festivals & Celebrations (86 Resources)
- Online Safety (42 Resources)
- Computing (106 Resources)
- Communication Technology (40 Resources)
- Chocolate (23 Resources)
- The Victorians (45 Resources)
- Colour (43 Resources)
- The Romans (32 Resources)
- Minibeasts (57 Resources)
- Ancient Greece (48 Resources)
- Inventors and Inventions (50 Resources)
- Explorers and Exploration (70 Resources)
- Tudors and Stuarts (61 Resources)
- Harvest Festival (12 Resources)
- Famous People (141 Resources)
- The Aztecs, Mayans & Incas (36 Resources)
- Remembrance Day (12 Resources)
- Christmas (59 Resources)
- WW1 (41 Resources)
- WW2 (41 Resources)
- Winter Olympics (10 Resources)
- Poetry (45 Resources)
- Prehistoric Britain (50 Resources)
- Dinosaurs & Fossils (40 Resources)
- Toys and Games (32 Resources)
- Superheroes (30 Resources)
- Anglo Saxons and Anglo Saxon Britain (41 Resources)
- The Celts & Celtic Britain (32 Resources)
- Animals and their Habitats (60 Resources)
- Rivers and Coasts (44 Resources)
- The Great Fire of London (35 Resources)
- Health and Healthy Living (52 Resources)
- News, Current Affairs and Fake News (30 Resources)
- Easter (21 resources)
- Local History (26 Resources)
- Art and Design (47 Resources)
- Titanic and Sea Travel (34 Resources)
If there are any topics that we have not covered and you would like us add to our featured themes collection in the future, please let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other planned featured themes to look forward to in the coming months:
- Food Chains & Habitats
- Creative Writing
- Famous Artists
If you haven’t checked out the fantastic 123HUB yet, here is why you really should:
The 123HUB is designed to assist teachers in finding quality on-line teaching resources via a simple 1 – 2 – 3 search. Our aim is to take the effort and guesswork out of finding the best online resources that are available for teachers. It is envisaged that the 123HUB will grow to include thousands of educational websites (currently there are over 2300 resources to be found on the site). Rest assured that, each of the sites that we include, will have been carefully reviewed and rated according to their relevance to the new Primary Curriculum. You can trust in the quality of the sites published as they have been evaluated by members of our team, who are also qualified teachers.
123HUB is FREE for teachers and by registering; you can create your own planner and save useful sites for further reference. Registered teachers can also recommend their favourite websites for inclusion.
Introducing 123SOW, a New, Exciting and Fully Interactive
Computing Scheme of Work from 123ICT!
123SOW is completely cloud based and designed for individual schools, or multi-academy trusts. It is a flexible, interactive scheme of work for the UK Primary Computing Curriculum.