The Christmas Storyteller Show is being shared by Puffin Virtually Live on Friday 7 December between 2 – 2.30 pm.
“A dazzling line-up of authors including Robin Stevens, David Solomons and Tom Fletcher will beam into your classroom and share their creative writing secrets with your pupils. Whats more, aspiring young illustrators can look forward to an exclusive interview with Diary of a Wimpy Kid creator Jeff Kinney and a draw-along of The Snowman!” (Puffin Virtually Live)
There are free resources to support the themes of friendship and empathy to go along with the Christmas film ‘The Snowman’ which may spark ideas for literacy and PHSE. These are for Early Years Foundation Stage and KS1.
The resources deal with:
- Feeling left out (thinking about the need to belong)
- A special friendship (exploring the concept of friendship)
- My Snowman (instructions writing)
- Hot and Cold (Science)
This booklet is a lovely resource, whether or not you are planning to attend the live broadcast.
Other ‘On Demand’ Broadcasts from Puffin Virtually Live
Quite apart from the Christmas Storyteller Show, there is an ‘‘On Demand’ section of the website where older broadcasts can still be viewed and shared with the children.
Several of these would probably be useful at different times in different projects.
Broadcasts available include:
- Creating Characters with Jacqueline Wilson, Nick Sharray and Rick Riordan
- The Magic of Reading with Tony Ross, Sophie Kinsella and Tom Fletcher
- Illustrators take over, with Adam Hargreaves and Jeff Kinney
- Roald Dahl Day 2017, with Quentin Blake
- The Second World War, with Jacqueline Wilson
- Terry Pratchett Day
- Roald Dahl 10, with Matilda the musical
- Christmasasasurus Special, with Tom Fletcher
- Empowering Stories, with Clare Balding
- Myths and Legends, with Rick Riordan
- Dennis the Menace, with Steven Butler.