123HUB News July 2018. July is always a really busy time in schools, running up to the end of term and to the finish of the academic year. Why not let the 123HUB save you some of your valuable time and help you to find the right quality resources that you need?
We now have over 2100 great online resources to choose from – check out what is on offer on the 123HUB below:
Our fantastic new theme for July and August 2018 is Superheroes!
Superheroes. The featured theme for July and August is the engaging topic of Superheroes. Superheroes have always fascinated children. They love to play superheroes and take on their favourite role; they love to watch superheroes on TV and at the cinema and they love to read about them also. We have 30 superb themed websites on offer, some are KS1, some are KS2 and some are suitable for EYFS.
Most of the themed resources are cross-curricular although there are some which are specific to maths and English, creative writing. Collectively, the resources cover: the most popular superheroes, their powers, their biographies, superhero presentations and booklists, real super heroes and much more besides. The resources comprise of a mixture of: information, facts, research, hands-on activities, illustrations and video clips, as well as some detailed planning – each of which will effectively support this tremendously interesting theme and any superhero classroom topic.
The featured theme is updated monthly during the school year. Watch out for our super Anglo Saxons resources coming in September 2018!
123HUB’s Archived Featured Themes
The 123HUB features new interesting themes each month. Every theme includes a vast number of links to really useful research, planning and teaching resources from around the world. These, collectively, should satisfy the requirements of any related creative curriculum, or classroom topic. Click on the links below to have a look at the brilliant themes that have already been featured and are now archived on the 123HUB to date:
- Pirates (20 Resources)
- Space & Earth and beyond (27 Resources)
- Transportation and Travel (51 resources)
- Extreme Earth and Weather (71 Resources)
- Communications and Conflict (68 Resources)
- Halloween (10 Resources)
- Invaders and Settlers (44 Resources)
- Bonfire Night and the Gunpowder Plot (16 Resources)
- Myths and Legends (45 Resources)
- Maths Number (75 Resources)
- Light and Sound (34 Resources)
- Rainforests (27 Resources)
- Environment (65 Resources)
- Deserts (30 Resources)
- Mountains (32 Resources)
- Castles and Buildings (54 Resources)
- ‘Food Glorious Food’ (59 Resources)
- Beneath the Sea & Oceans (26 Resources)
- Water & the Water Cycle (26 Resources)
- Ancient Egypt (51 Resources)
- Festivals & Celebrations (86 Resources)
- Online Safety (42 Resources)
- Computing (106 Resources)
- Communication Technology (40 Resources)
- Chocolate (23 Resources)
- The Victorians (45 Resources)
- Colour (43 Resources)
- The Romans (32 Resources)
- Minibeasts (57 Resources)
- Ancient Greece (48 Resources)
- Inventors and Inventions (50 Resources)
- Explorers and Exploration (70 Resources)
- Tudors and Stuarts (61 Resources)
- Harvest Festival (12 Resources)
- Famous People (141 Resources)
- The Aztecs, Mayans & Incas (36 Resources)
- Remembrance Day (12 Resources)
- Christmas (59 Resources)
- WW1 (41 Resources)
- WW2 (41 Resources)
- Winter Olympics (10 Resources)
- Poetry (45 Resources)
- Prehistoric Britain (50 Resources)
- Dinosaurs & Fossils (40 Resources)
- Toys and Games (32 Resources)
- Superheroes (30 Resources)
If there are any topics that we have not covered and you would like us add to our featured themes collection in the future, please let us know at: email@example.com
Other planned featured themes to look forward to in the coming months:
- Celtic Britain
- Wild Animals and their Habitats
- Rivers & Coasts
- Great Fire of London
If you haven’t checked out the fantastic 123HUB yet, here is why you really should:
The 123HUB is designed to assist teachers in finding quality on-line teaching resources via a simple 1 – 2 – 3 search. Our aim is to take the effort and guesswork out of finding the best online resources that are available for teachers. It is envisaged that the 123HUB will grow to include thousands of educational websites (currently there are over 2100 resources to be found on the site). Rest assured that, each of the sites that we include, will have been carefully reviewed and rated according to their relevance to the new Primary Curriculum. You can trust in the quality of the sites published as they have been evaluated by members of our team, who are also qualified teachers.
123HUB is FREE for teachers and by registering; you can create your own planner and save useful sites for further reference. Registered teachers can also recommend their favourite websites for inclusion.
Introducing 123SOW, a New, Exciting and Fully Interactive
Computing Scheme of Work from 123ICT!
123SOW is completely cloud based and designed for individual schools, or multi-academy trusts. It is a flexible, interactive scheme of work for the UK Primary Computing Curriculum.