Curriculum Plans from The Hamilton Trust have been updated to meet the new curriculum. The plans are available free to NQTs – just contact them for access – and some of them are free for all. The remainder are available for a small donation to keep the Trust afloat.
The free resources are:
- All the Maths Teaching Sequences (and old Maths Weekly Plans based on the NNS) for the year free of charge – downloadable individually from the site;
- At least two New Framework English Units for each term;
- Free Science Strands;
- Access to Hamilton Education, and the shop;
- Two FREE Topics for each age range and access to information about the new Topics.
Individual teachers can become “Friends” by making a donation of £24 per year ( £2 per month) or there is a School Subscription giving: “Complete access for teachers in a school for one year for just £120 + VAT. Less than the cost of a day’s supply!” Both of these seem to be good value when considering the planning time that they could save teachers.
Friends get access to:
- Literacy Plans – access to the full choice of new framework Literacy Units and old weekly plans (based on the NLS) provided by Hamilton for the selected age-ranges
- Maths Weekly Plans – access to the full choice of new Maths Weekly plans
- Spelling Bank – unlimited access to a database which enables teachers to create their own tailor-made phonics-based spelling lists suitable for their class
- Homeworks – homework sheets for Maths & English for each year group
- Code-Breakers – the synthetic phonics scheme produced by Hamilton which incorporates daily sessions where children learn phoneme to grapheme correspondences in the context of role-play and purposeful writing
- Search facility