The Childnet Film Competition 2016 is now open! All primary schools are invited to create a short film about on-line safety. The competition is open for people between 7 and 18 but there is a primary category.
The competition is to make a 60 second film telling Childnet how you are using the Internet safely and positively , the theme is “Shine Online.”
“We are looking for creative, imaginative films which reflect a positive and inspiring message. You can use comedy, animation or music. Or how about creating an advert, documentary or news report? It’s entirely up to you!”(Childnet)
There is a freely downloadable Primary Resources Pack containing: the entry form, a script template, a storyboard template, terms and conditions and frequently asked questions. It also includes a presentation to start children off and a media consent form.
Rules and Dates
The Rules and Dates can be found on the last slide of the downloadable presentation:
- Competition closes Monday 13thJune
- Finalists revealed Monday 20th June
- Screening event for winners will be Monday 18th July
- 8 people (max) per finished film
- You can enter multiple films
- You can post or email your movie to us
- Remember, how you use the internet positively must be central to your film’s message
- Be as creative, unique and informative as possible!