Pickatale for Schools is a FREE reading tool for teachers and young learners. It is a unique library of amazing levelled reading books that makes reading fun and helps to build reading confidence in primary school children!
- “‘Pickatale for schools’ is a free digital library that fosters a love of “reading for pleasure” in pupils as opposed to it being a chore. The platform can be used on Android tablets, Chromebooks, Windows PC, mobiles, and iPads.
- As a teacher, you can assign books and track progress. Speed adjustable narration is offered to encourage listening skills using word highlighting in the text. Pupils can click on the text and images on the pages to extend their vocabulary.
- There are over 800 books in the library that can be browsed and filtered by category, levels, or by using keywords.
- Our publishing team carries a collective 65 years of experience across EdTech and traditional publishing backgrounds including Promethean, Cengage, Bloomsbury, Penguin Random House, DK, Quarto, Egmont and Bonnier.
- Our regular authors and contributors include professionals in their fields who also write for Hachette, DK, Penguin Random House, Puffin Books, Egmont, Oxford University Press, Harper Collins, Pearson Education, Scholastic, Cambridge University Press, and Alpha Education among others.”(Pickatale)
There is a teacher hub where you will find links to how-to guides, reading level overviews, videos and so much more to help teachers make the most of the reading app. There is also a Downloadable Reading Levels Guide
If you have any questions, contact them at email@example.com.