Pyjamarama is back for 2021! Do you want your school to join this fun way of getting children excited about reading? The third Pyjamarama event is coming on Friday the 14th of May; therefore, it stands a chance that children will actually be in school for the event which would make it much more fun than being stuck in their pyjamas at home!
Pyjamarama is a fundraising event which helps to provide books for children who may otherwise not have access. The ideas for the days is that everyone wears pyjamas and reads bedtime stories for a lot of the day. To be part of the event costs £1.00. which is donated to the Booktrust.
Schools have to sign up to get access to a fund raising and activity kit. There are different signups for nurseries and after school clubs too.
“This year, there are even more reasons to get involved:
- We have made Pyjamarama bigger and better with more teaching resources, and more tips and ideas to help encourage the children in your class to read.
- Children have experienced so much disruption to their lives over the past year. Taking part in Pyjamarama not only helps you to focus on reading in your class, but also helps children who are most in need to get a bedtime story.
- We will share tips, guidance and our latest book recommendations to help make reading fun for using in the classroom and for children to take home to their parents.
- A day in pyjamas is easy and fun to organise. All we need you to do is ask children to wear their pyjamas on 14 May and bring in £1 to support our work getting more children reading.
- We could not run Pyjamarama as planned last year, so this year it is even more important to get involved and help children get the bedtime stories they might miss out on.” (Book Trust)
Pyjamarama is back for 2021! Let’s resume primary school fun where we can.