Need some inspiration for Safer Internet Day 2015 on 10th February? We’ve been asking 123ICT schools what they have planned.
Long Furlong are looking forward to a whole week of activities including:
- Whole-school assembly using the PPT presentation/script from the SID website
- Adding the following SID resources for parents/carers to the school website: Parent Conversation Starter; Parents’ Factsheet; Supporting Young People Online; SID Quiz
- Displaying SID posters around school
- Asking pupils to complete the pledge card or “recipe for a safer internet” templates (from the SID ‘quick activities’ pdf), then creating a presentation with the pick of the crop
- 123ICT Curriculum Consultant, Nick Speller will be running an after-school “Online Safety” session for parents.
Thank you to Rose-Marie Smith, Business Manager, for this insight into her school’s plans. Let us know what you have planned for Safer Internet Day at your school to ‘make the internet a better place’?