It is post SATs and for year 6, it is the wind down to leaving primary school ready for secondary education.
It could be a time to expand their learning sideways by doing some one-off projects, or activities, which will be enjoyable.
Here are a few sites offering such activities:
- World cup/ Commonwealth Games / Tour de France
- Plan and Rehearse an End of Year Performance
- Enterprise project for the Summer Fair
- Outdoor Projects
- Theme Park Maths
- Stick Exchange Maths
- Create a Mobile App
- Work Experience around the School
The TES has gathered a set of post SATs Projects together:
- Desert Island Literacy*
- 100 Book based ideas*
- Chocolate themes maths tasks
- Smoothie themed maths project*
- Rocket experiments
- Superhero unit plan
- Second World War baking booklet
- Recycled paper project presentation
- Enterprise project*
- Band Project Booklet *
Note. The ones with the * are paid for items.
The TES also hosts a free Summer Term after SATs maths investigation.
Pinterest offers a host of ideas pinned by teachers all around the country.
A Tale Unfolds, written about in previous posts, offers five KS2 projects:
- Pupil Prime minister (10 lessons)
- Plastic times (15 lessons)
- Film School (15 lessons)
- Movie Trailers (5 lessons)
- Action Adventure Movies (35 lessons)
This is a paid for resource but if school has a licence, it is well worth looking at!
Twinkl offers a paid for year 6 project pack on Theme Parks