Oktapodi is a delightful short film which is fun on its own but would make a huge contribution to pupil interest in a study of Greece.
The film can be seen at:
Ideas for activities:
- Describe the characters in the film.
- What is the story about?
- Can you sequence the pictures and write a sentence about each one in a PowerPoint or Publisher presentation?
- Why does the man want the pink octopus in the first place?
- What does the orange octopus do when his friend disappears? Why?
- Does he save the pink Octopus?
- What happens at the end of the video clip?
- Write your idea for the next part of the story.
Oktapodi A set of pictures to use in a Smartboard Notebook or similar
The story is set in Greece, what can you find out about Greece?
- Write 10 interesting bullet points about Greece.
- Look where it is on Google Earth.
- Look for some photographs of Greece and describe one of them.
A teacher has made a Prezi presentation here that may be useful for more ideas.