Kim’s expertise lies in providing SIMS consultancy and training. The vast majority of Oxfordshire schools now use OPT tracking resources and Kim can offer bespoke assessment adaptations within SIMS .net.
Staff meeting and INSET sessions could involve one or more of the following:
- Getting all users logged on to SIMS Central and SIMS .net
- Demonstration on how to access and navigate around the SIMS .net pupil database
- How to locate electronic registers
- Locating assessment marksheets
- Entering data into SIMS.net
- Advice and discussion on how to use the system to target set and monitor rates of progress
- Using the marksheet to analyse data (e.g. ordering, average point score, filtering by groups, notes, contextual data and percentages)
In all training and consultancy Kim aims to provide guidance on how the system can be best used to comply with school, LEA and national requirements, whilst also demonstrating the benefits to teachers in informing planning and in working towards school improvement and narrowing the gap.
We are happy to recommend Kim’s services and schools with a 123ICT support contract may wish to take advantage of a free SIMS staff meeting with Kim. Please contact us and we will make the booking for you.