There is a wonderful collection of task possibilities for meeting a new class which has been added to by many teachers. It has some great ideas to inspire you when meeting your new class during the next week or two:
Below is a few ideas that I particularly like :
- Get them to make a passport – add a drawing or photograph of themselves, name and describe pets, likes, dislikes, write any family information they like to share, write their favourite subject, things they hate…
- Make an All About Me poster focussing on school
- Choose 5 items which are the most important things in your life, draw them and write a sentence about each.
- Make a family flag.
- Make a poster saying what they would most like to learn in the coming year and illustrate it.
- Tell everyone in the class about their hobby – this could be in a wiki or a blog and they could read each other’s at the end of the session!
- Get each of them to write a letter to you telling you who they are – you could send them all a letter too!