Out of Your Hands and Control is a current e-safety resource that is suitable for Key Stage Two children.
“An increasing number of young children are using mobile phone apps, children as young as three are accessing the internet. Most young people are carrying mobile phones for personal safety and keeping in touch. The downside is that our reliance on technology and online facilities have created a hot bed of opportunity for crime, fraud and cyberbullying – so we need to educate ourselves and our young people about these risks and how to reduce risk and be more diligent when using mobile phones, online services, making financial transactions and how we identify and respond to emails and online adverts.”(Out of Your Hands Website)
Out of Your Hands and Control have provided a range of curriculum aligned learning materials for young people aged seven and upwards on their website, including:
- ICT and English/Drama resources for 7 – 11;
- PSHE/Citizenship and Drama for 7 – 11;
- Many downloadable ‘Watch It! Safety Tip’ guides to reinforce key safety messages;
- National Curriculum resources and downloadable worksheets to help teachers address these issues with young people so they can protect themselves when using a mobile device;
- Case studies and short films providing the latest tips and advice for staying safe online;
- Information about key features of what to look for in common scams;
- Links of where to register your mobile device, report issues or get further help.