Copied straight from a Naace newsletter but worth sharing:
The UK’s largest Maths competition is here again!
We are delighted to introduce the Four Nations Maths Challenge 2012, a FREE competition that will see schools and students involved in the largest online UK maths event! Can we repeat the successes of the London games in this UK maths spectacular?
All school-aged young people in the UK are invited to participate
Join us for the largest UK online maths event where students from England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales unite in their quest to reach the top of the leaderboard. Which students and schools can make the most improvement in their maths ability over the duration of the event? You don’t have to be a maths genius to take part, just get involved and be prepared to practise!
The Four Nations Maths Challenge is a UK focused event that has the potential to fundamentally change the way that we perceive maths. All you need is access to the internet.
Why should schools take part?
- Your students will love it! It’s all about having fun with maths.
- This is an ideal way to inspire your students to enjoy maths and challenge themselves and others. As activities are aligned to the UK curricula, the challenge will also reinforce concepts taught in class.
- It’s simple to register and participate with great prizes for top students and schools.
- …and it’s absolutely FREE!
How will it work?
- Students take part in real-time maths challenges over 2 days, 13-14 November, using the online program Mathletics.
- Day One will involve Mathletics Course Activities and Day Two, live Mathletics challenges.
- A live Hall of Fame will keep students and schools updated with who is in the lead!
- Schools will be given FREE access to the award winning Mathletics website for the duration of the challenge.
- All you need is internet access!
- Students can participate at school and at home.