CyArk Lesson Plans is an American site which hosts a growing number of lesson plans that could be used in this country and look fun!
Make a Mayan pyramid using sugar cubes – I am positive many pupils would find this fun and a great learning experience.
The measuring distance with Google maps looks good too!
This site shares sets of lesson plans with all the resources needed in a zipped folder with pictures, pdfs and Word Docs, so should be accessible for all. The lessons for the primary age range covered at the moment are:
- LESSON 1. Archaeology and Erosion
- LESSON 2. Global Warming: The Effect of Rising Sea Levels
- LESSON 3. Virtual Tour Guide Lesson Plan
- LESSON 4. Digital Storytelling
- LESSON 5. Mapping and Measuring with Google Maps
- LESSON 6. Virtual Scavenger Hunt
- LESSON 7. Mapping History with Google My Maps
- LESSON 13. Hopi Clan Symbols
- LESSON 16. Use Photographs to Create 3D Models
- LESSON 17. Geometry at Mount Rushmore
- LESSON 18. Math at Mount Rushmore
- LESSON 21. Carving Tools at Mount Rushmore
- LESSON 22. Carving Tools at Mount Rushmore
- LESSON 28. Design and Conquer: Architecture of El Camino Real de California
- LESSON 32. Cultural Exchange: Be Our Guide
- LESSON 34. Rock Art of the Past
CyArk’s Mission Statement: CyArk was founded in 2003 to ensure heritage sites are available to future generations, while making them uniquely accessible today. CyArk operates internationally as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with the mission of using new technologies to create a free, 3D online library of the world’s cultural heritage sites before they are lost to natural disasters, destroyed by human aggression or ravaged by the passage of time.
The resources which they have created so far look great and I am sure there will be more added gradually.