Your chance to win a year’s subscription to RM EasiMaths or a Free Pupil Workshop for your School!
As the soccer World Cup in Brazil gets under way this summer, we thought that it would be good if our competition for term six was to create a digital animation with a World Cup theme. The competition is for Key Stage One and Two children, including age appropriate entries from special needs schools. In addition to providing an excellent opportunity for children to practise their digital animation skills, this competition will also give them the chance to hopefully capture the excitement of the World Cup.
All entries will be published on our website https://www.123ict.co.uk and notification of the winners will also be sent to our schools during Term One of the 2014/15 academic year.
Creating a World Cup Themed Animation
Entries for this competition can to be created using virtually any animation software. Entrants can either create a computer animation, using software such as Pivot Animator, Revelation National Art, or 2 Create a Super Story. Or, if wished, create a stop-motion animation using modelling clay, popular building bricks, or similar; recording the motion using digital cameras and frame animation software from manufacturers such as Digital Blue, ZU3D or Lego. In essence, providing the end result can be viewed on a computer using a recognised video file format (WMV, MP4, etc), virtually any method of digital capture can be used to create your animation.
- The competition is intended for Key Stage One and Two children, including age appropriate entries from special needs schools.
- Each 123ICT school is entitled to submit one entry per year group to the competition.
- There will be a year’s subscription to RM EasiMaths, kindly donated by RM, for the first place entry and a 123ICT workshop, of the school’s choice, for the runner up.
- As usual, judging of all entries for our competitions will be carried out by the 123ICT team, calling upon any additional expertise necessary to assist in that judgement.
- The winning entries, along with all other submissions, will be published on our website https://www.123ict.co.uk and notification of the winners will also be sent to our schools at the beginning of Term One in the academic year of 2014/15.
- Entries should be e-mailed as attachments to email@example.com. A reply e-mail will be sent to all submitting schools to confirm receipt.
- Closing date: no later than Tuesday 15 July 2014.
Should you have any further questions regarding the competition, please e-mail them to me at the above competitions address or speak to your 123ICT Consultant who will be happy to assist you.
Good luck, I look forward to viewing your entries.