Media Smart have created a lesson plan based on researching a Super Hero, to teach pupils how to carry out internet research, verify facts and present their findings.
The lesson plan can be downloaded from the bottom of the Hero Project page:
The Learning objectives covered
- identify key steps in searching for information
- evaluate their prior knowledge about search techniques
- learn to identify strong and weak keywords
- practice effective search techniques
- research a topic in detail
- organize research and present their findings to the class
- create a media product
It is freely available and can be modified to meet the objectives for your class.