Calling all Budding Animators!
123ICT are delighted to announce their Easter Animation competition!
Create an Easter Animation and possibly win a great prize – see details below!
This is your chance to win a year’s subscription to the fantastic, award winning, Purple Mash software suite & Faith Matters, kindly donated by
2Simple Software Ltd, or a Free 123ICT Pupil Workshop for your School.
With Easter falling at the end of the spring term, we thought that it would be good if our spring competition was to create a digital animation with an Easter theme. The competition is for Key Stage One and Two children, including age appropriate entries from special needs schools. In addition to providing an excellent opportunity for children to practise their digital animation skills, this competition will also give them the chance to create a digital Easter gift to take home at the end of term.
Animations could feature: Easter eggs, bunnies, chicks, spring flowers, spring lambs, religious scenes, Happy Easter in animated words… In fact, the animation could be anything that is related to Easter and delivers an enjoyable animated scene.
Entries for this competition can be either a computer animation, using animation software, or a stop-motion animation using modelling clay, popular building bricks, or similar; recording the motion using digital cameras and frame animation software. In essence, providing the end result can be viewed on a computer using a recognised video file format (WMV, MP4, etc), virtually any method of digital capture can be used to create your animation.
- The competition is intended for Key Stage One and Two children, including age appropriate entries from special needs schools.
- Each 123ICT school is entitled to submit one entry per year group to the competition.
- There will be a year’s subscription to Purple Mash and Faith Matters, kindly donated by 2Simple Software Ltd, for the first place entry and a 123ICT workshop, of the school’s choice, for the runner up.
- As usual, judging of all entries for our competitions will be carried out by the 123ICT team, calling upon any additional expertise necessary to assist in that judgement.
- The winning entries, along with all other submissions, will be published on our website https://www.123ict.co.uk and notification of the winners will also be sent to our schools at the beginning of Term Five.
- Entries should be e-mailed as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. A reply e-mail will be sent to all submitting schools to confirm receipt.
- Closing date: no later than Friday 7 April 2017.
Full details of the competition and its guidelines are available on our website 2016-17 Competitions page and can be downloaded from the link below:
Entries must be received by Friday 7 April 2017.
Good luck in the competition!