123ICT Competitions – Deadline Reminder. As you are undoubtedly extremely busy during this very full and demanding term leading up to Christmas, we thought that it would be very helpful to remind you about the up-and-coming deadline for our Digital Greetings Message Competition.
This very popular competition has the additional benefit of providing the children with a great greetings message to take home for Christmas and could also win a fantastic Serial Mash subscription prize and more (details below) for your school.
The competition deadline is Friday the 15th of December so you still have over two weeks in order to get your entries in to us. Full details of the competition are reproduced below for your information.
Ho! Ho! Ho! The season to offer greetings is nearly upon us once again!
This is your chance to design a digital greetings card or message and possibly win a whole-school subscription to the fantastic Serial Mash (2Simple Software’s growing online library of books specifically written for use in primary school classrooms), a Striker Boy book pack – along with a copy of Striker Boy and football memorabilia for the winning entrant.
The runner-up school will receive a free 123ICT Pupil Workshop and a copy of Striker Boy for the deserving entrant
Welcome to 123ICT’s annual competition to design a digital seasonal greetings card, or message. The greetings card competition has always proved to be very popular. This year again, we welcome entries that are in the form of a simple card, an animation, or a card augmented by audio – the idea is to deliver a cheery seasonal message which could be used to convey seasonal greetings to friends or family.
We think that this is an excellent competition topic for this term; because, with Christmas rapidly approaching, you may already be preparing to take advantage of some of your fantastic computing resources and planning for your school children to create digital greetings cards to take home at the end of term. This being the case, why not submit a copy of the design into the competition and possibly win some great prizes?
First Prize. The winning school will receive a year’s whole-school subscription to Serial Mash(a growing online library of books specifically written for use in a primary school), a Striker Boy book pack – along with a copy of Striker Boy and football memorabilia for the winning entrant, kindly donated by 2Simple Software.
Runner-Up Prize. The runner-up school will win a 123ICT pupil workshop of their choice.
Great Prizes and also, this year, helping a really good cause. Our prize sponsors for this year, 2Simple Software, in memory of their late Serial Mash author Jonny Zucker, are trying to raise awareness of mental health issues and the support offered by the charity Mind. They are donating £1.40 from every Striker Boy book sold to the charity. Therefore, in addition to the winning school’s book pack prize, 2Simple will be providing a book, along with football memorabilia for the winner and 123ICT will also be awarding copies of Striker Boy to entrants that are highly commended in the competition. More details about this worthy cause can be found at https://www.strikerboy.com/
The competition is intended for both Key Stage One and Two children. For inspiration, why not visit the galleries of the previous four year’s entries from the links on our website Competitions Page?
- The competition is intended for both Key Stage One and Two children, including age appropriate entries from special needs schools.
- Each 123ICT school is entitled to submit one entry per year group to the competition.
- There will be a year’s subscription to Serial Mash and a school pack of Striker Boy books, kindly donated by 2Simple Software, for the first place entry and a 123ICT workshop, of the school’s choice, for the runner-up.
- As usual, judging of all entries for our competitions will be carried out by the 123ICT team, calling upon any additional expertise necessary to assist in that judgement.
- The winning entries, along with all other submissions, will be published on our website https://www.123ict.co.
uk and notification of the winners will also be sent to our schools during January 2018.
- Entries should be e-mailed as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. A reply e-mail will be sent to all submitting schools to confirm receipt.
- Closing date: no later than Friday 15 December 2017.
Full competition details can be found by using the link below, or by visiting our website 2017-18 Competitions Page:
Good luck, we look forward to viewing your fantastic competition entries.