123ICT Create an E-Book Competition
As World Book Day 2014 is organised for the 6th of March, we thought it would be good if our competition for term three was to create an e-book which the children could perhaps share within school during any literacy events that you may have planned to coincide with World Book Day. In addition to the obvious literacy opportunities that the competition will undoubtedly create, it will also allow the children the chance to practise and improve upon their word processing and desktop publishing skills.
Ideas for your E-Book:
1. a short illustrated story – complete with: colourful illustrations, a beginning, middle and end structure, front cover, back cover and an interesting blurb
2. a non-fiction information book complete with interesting information, illustrations with captions, contents and index lists, whilst also possessing an inviting front and back cover.
The entries can be created and submitted using a variety of computer software and iPad applications:
1. MS Office (Word / Publisher / PowerPoint)
– submissions either sent as Word, Publisher or PowerPoint t file or as a PDF
2. 2 Create a Story / 2 Create a Superstory
– submissions either sent as flash file or as a 2Simple file (cas)
3. Book Creator App
– submissions either sent as PDFs or, if they include audio or video, using the free Showbie App
- The competition is intended for both Key Stage One and Two children.
- Each 123ICT school is entitled to submit one entry per year group to the competition.
- The intended audience for both the short story and information book is Key Stage One readers
- There will be a brand new Arnova 7F- G3 – 8GB Android tablet, kindly donated by CCS Media for the first place entry and a 123ICT workshop, of the school’s choice, for the runner up.
- As usual, judging of all entries for our competitions will be carried out by the 123ICT team, calling upon any additional expertise necessary to assist in that judgement.
- The winning entries, along with all other submissions, will be published on our website https://www.123ict.co.uk and will also be sent to our schools during Term Three.
- Please contact me for the method of submitting Book Creator entrees via the Showbie application
- With the exception of Book Creator for iPad application submissions, entries should be e-mailed as attachments to email@example.com. A reply e-mail will be sent to all submitting schools to confirm receipt.
- Closing date: no later than Friday 14 March 2014.
Should you have any further questions regarding the competition, please e-mail them to me at the above competitions address or speak to your 123ICT Consultant who will be happy to assist you.
Good luck, I look forward to viewing your entries.